Thursday, May 9, 2019

What Needs to be Crucified

 

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:24-25

 

Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires… Strong words! We have put to death our flesh and just live for Christ.

 

What am I supposed to listen to and what am I supposed to crucify? The more tired I become the more difficult it is to answer questions like this. The Godly and ungodly mix together in a haze of confusion for me. I think that I am trying to solve things once and for all but things aren’t like that. Am I supposed to rest of spend time with my family? Am I supposed to do work or train others to do it? Am I supposed to spend time with my family or spend time with God, or spend time with his people? How about this one - why do I spend so much time worried about doing the right thing, and kicking myself if I don’t? Maybe that is the desire that needs to be crucified.

 

Christ died so I don’t have to be perfect. Christ died so I don’t actually need to have all the answers. Instead of wallowing in my imperfection and indecision I can cling to His perfection and the knowledge that He’ll love me even if I make the wrong decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment