Friday, May 24, 2019

Condemnation

 

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. - Romans 8:1

No condemnation in Christ… Has anyone told the church that? I feel the most condemned by people IN the church. I was a pillar in this house of doing things, and my stepping out for a while has left people thinking I am backsliding or traumatized from the cyclone. It’s been two weeks and things are falling apart that are fine when I am more involved. I used to get up and drive myself to the end of the day. People were happy but my soul was dying. Now I am much more at peace and my family is happier, but the externals are crumbling. I know very few people who would think this state is an improvement over my status quo of the extremely driven Jon, but if it’s where God is taking me, who am I to argue? And how many people are just in my life for what I can do for them?

 

I guess my role in this is to stay in Christ, because I can’t claim this verse if I’m not. And Christ is saying rest, prioritize, learn. Carry only His burdens.

 

Stand in the presence of the Lord and wait for Him to act. - Psalm 37:7

 

Stand and wait. I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment