Friday, May 24, 2019

Lack of Motivation

 

“Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you” - Psalm 73:25

 

So, yesterday I thought I was lacking all my motivation and drive that I used to have. And yes, while 90% of my motivation is gone, I realized I still have some… The motivation to sleep, rest, spend time with my family and read. It’s like I lost most of my energy. I am wondering if this is my new normal.

 

Interestingly enough, all those motivations I still have left are healthy and probably more of what I need at the moment. I have been waiting for my schedule to clear up so I can do more of these things - reading, resting spending more time with God. My schedule didn’t clear up but now I just don’t care if I wake up with 10 missed calls and 30 urgent emails. It’s not the way I thought my schedule would make room, but I guess it works?

 

I also don’t mind stopping just to enjoy Jesus. Plants, birds, trees, my kids’ smiles. I did those things before but it was always forced - like I always had something to get back to. Now those seem like the important things.

 

How much is unhealthy apathy? How much is needed course correction? I guess we’ll find out over the next few weeks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment