Thursday, May 2, 2019

Chosing a Life of the Spirit

 

Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? Galatians 3:3

 

Galatians is all about living in the spirit vs living in the flesh. I think this can mean so many things, but for me right now it means that I’m trying to do things my way instead of letting God do things His way.

 

God didn’t choose me because of what I could do. Why now am I focused on doing for Him? God didn’t choose me because of who I could become; He loved me in spite of who I was. Why do I now think that I have to be a certain type of person?

 

Many believers are in a place like this. When they first get saved everything is new and different, and there is a trust and faith in God. There is a wonder and a trust in what the scriptures say. Years later, the fire has gone cold and everything is about your own action… Pray more, give more, serve more… But that’s not the gospel.

 

That wonder, the dependence on God, and the understanding of new mercies every day is a possibility for us now - if we would chose a life of the spirit instead of a life in the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment