Sunday, June 10, 2018

Be Strong and Courageous

 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9

I love these verses. The whole chapter has so many exhortations on being strong and courageous. God says it like 4-5 times. Was it because Joshua needed to hear it? Was it because Joshua was coming up on trying times? I find it interesting that these were the words God chose to give to Joshua… Not strategy advice, not planning, not leadership tips or information on who was spinning in Joshua’s camp… He was primarily concerned about Joshua’s heart.

I find the same thing in Philippians 4:6-7; pray, then God will give you peace. It says nothing about your prayers being answered. It just talked about the peace of God that transcends understanding.

How am I approaching God in the moment? In what areas am I focused on the specific situation and he is more interested in the heart?

God, give me your eyes; eyes that see the armies of heaven as more really than the difficulties I see in the physical. Give me the ability to discern the real from the fake, the urgent, as the non-eternal.

God, help me to walk in a way that shows that my heart and soul are more important than my daily struggles and situations. Lord keep me above the noise; help me to walk in strength and courageousness. Help me to show your power and strength. Let my life be a testimony to your power and ability to rescue your sons and daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment