Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Psalms 118

Psalms 118, a Psalms of victory and conquest.

V5 - In my distress I prayed to the Lord and the Lord answered me and set me free
God I have so many times I am distressed. Lord help me, answer my call for help and set me free! The biggest thing I notice about this verse is the actions - it is my job to call out for help and God’s job to answer. Not my job to set me free, just to be honest with God and let Him know where I am at.

V8 - It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people; It is better to take refuge in the Lord that to trust in princes.

Call out. Trust. Those are the things that lead to success and victory in God’s eyes.


v10-12 - I destroyed them all with the authority of the Lord.

I am going to have to do more research on this concept of authority. This isn’t what I normally think of as authority, so naturally I have an opportunity to learn!

Authority doesn’t come from good works or who you know or your ability to prayer; authority comes from trusting in God, from crying out to him and letting Him do the heavy lifting.

I was up late last night again. Instead of just watching videos, I decided to tackle the most difficult particularly I had left to do on the app. I know I am supposed to stay out of the kitchen and let other people do it, but I also know the quickest way out of depression is to produce something instead of just being a consumer.

So yes, I am 75% done with the most difficult part of the app port but it took me until 2 am. This morning my flesh is weak but my soul is strong. God, Grant me wisdom in what to do with my time and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment