Friday, July 6, 2018

Things I know I should do but don’t want to…

I feel like my kids - often times when we tell them to do something, their answer is I don’t want to! There
are some things on my to-do list that always get done quickly and excellently, but there are other things that seem to always stay on my to-do list. Things like invoicing, planning, contacting potential donors, etc. The things that I want to do, the things I like, end up getting done so much quicker. There is also the one other thing… Things on my list that are urgent get taken care of. When people are beating on my door or insisting, those things get done.

Fortunately for me, God gave me a wife that understands where I am at and understands also where she is. We were both talking today and we had both realized individually that we have no idea how to run a non-profit; that we really have no idea about anything in the non-profit world. All of our experience was from the church world which has different rules and guidelines. Almost nothing we do is like how we should have done it, but we are still here. God give us the humility to change when we need to change and ask those of in our lives that you have given us to help us through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment