Saturday, February 2, 2019

Rest and Fear

 

Continuing my journey through rest in Hebrews… I realized that my though- life is not at rest. I am constantly worried about what people think, and that takes a ton of effort on my part. I think this is where the fear of the Lord comes in… God knows we won’t just stop fearing other people so his mandate to us was to fear Him more.

When God tells you to do something, instead of thinking “what will ____ think?” we should think “what will God think if I disobey?” Instead of “what will the consequences be if I step out in faith” think “what will they be if I DON’T?”

I have a pretty decent life right now and am happy being where I am at. In fact, I am finding myself worried to go to God honestly because I’m afraid He’ll tell me to move on, and I’m worried I will disappoint tons of people. I’m worried that whatever insane thing He asks me to do will put me back on the ropes financially. I’m worried that, after 7 years here in Mozambique, of not having any respect, He’ll cause me to lose it all following after Him.

But what happens if God has something more for me? I’ve trusted Him so far and it’s worked out… Can I trust Him in the unknown? So many people would be satisfied to be where I am now spiritually, but what if God is calling me to something different, something larger? Or even something smaller? Which one am I more afraid of?

Does it matter? Trusting in God has got me to this place - it’s foolish to turn around and to start trusting in man.

God, you have got me this far and I TRUST you with my future. Lead me on and don’t let me now start trusting in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment