Monday, April 1, 2019

Idai Aftermath--Getting my Family to Safety

 

More Insanity, as if it couldn't get any worse... We have had to run all around getting documents for Kyran's passport, so the kids can fly without me. They were able to. Now, on our flight back to Beira, we ran into a thunderstorm and the pilot is apologizing for how bumpy the plane flight will be. God is in control. 

Today I have been really discouraged and depressed. Yesterday was also like that. If I had been like this last week, I may have chosen to go home with my family. But I have family in Mozambique as well - that's something few people I think really understand. I need to go back because that's my call. My blood family is safe and taken care of; the rest of my family not so much. Lord protect me. Psalm 90 says that we are given 70 years on this planet - some up to 80. I want to spend it in the best ways possible - not running from fear but learning how big God is in the midst of it. God, take my broken sacrifice - my life and the things I do for you - take however messed up they are and use them for your glory. Free me from the need of having to be perfect. Free me from needing the approval of man - let me in my freedom chase you as when we first met.

No comments:

Post a Comment